What is Venturing?
Venturing is an inclusive program through the Boy Scouts of America for males and females aged 14-21 (or 13 and completed the 8th grade). It’s operated through Venturing Crews, units of youth and advisors that meet on set schedules and plan activities and events for youth like you!
The Venturing program aims to enable young adults to:
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Acquire skills in the area of their crew’s specialty.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for other youth groups.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Learn to make ethical choices throughout their lives by instilling the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
- Adventure – Mentoring, leading, and participating in crew-led adventures.
- Leadership – Ongoing leadership development through training, mentoring, and hands-on leadership.
- Personal Growth – Goal-setting in support of personal growth.
- Service – Leading and participating in community service.